Recipe and Photos by Nicole Alesi of Happy Pretty Things
See feature in Delighted's Spring Issue
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 teaspoon red curry paste
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
4 whole wheat wraps
4 stalks of romain lettuce
1 lb of grilled chicken
1 red pepper
cilantro for garnish
1. Combine vinegar, brown sugar, and coconut milk in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, curry paste and garlic. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring often about 3 minutes or until the the sauce is thickened and reduced.
3. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
4. Transfer the sauce into a small bowl, garnish with chopped scallions and set aside.
1. Slice chicken, red peppers, carrots and cucumbers into thin strips. Set aside.
2. Spread a tablespoon of peanut sauce evenly on top of a wrap.
3. Place one leaf of lettuce on one end of the wrap. On top of the lettuce, add two strips of chicken, red peppers, carrots and cucumbers.
4. Carefully roll the wraps starting at the filled end.
5. Using a knife, slice the wrap into two-inch rolls and secure each with a toothpick or bamboo skewer.
6. Serve with peanut sauce.